Disposable Vape Blinking: How to Fix It
If your puff bar is blinking or not hitting, you’ve come to the right place. Disposable vapes are easily some of the most popular vaping devices in the world these days, and the reasons for that are fairly obvious if you’ve been vaping for a while. In the past, using a disposable e-cigarette was perhaps the least satisfying way to vape. A disposable vape had a lower up-front cost than a rechargeable vape kit, but disposable vapes were really only suitable for casual or social smokers because they were too expensive to purchase every day.
Modern disposable vapes – or “puff bars” as people often call them – are completely different from the disposable e-cigarettes of the past.
- They’re significantly less expensive. It’s completely reasonable to switch to vaping and use nothing but disposable vapes if you don’t want to bother with a device that requires periodic recharging and refilling. You’ll still save money compared to smoking.
- They offer much better performance because they’re no longer shaped like tobacco cigarettes. The new “puff bar” shape allows for a much larger battery cell, and that means you’ll enjoy better battery life and larger, more satisfying vapour clouds.
- They’re available in every flavour that you could possibly want. While the first-generation disposable e-cigarettes were generally available only in tobacco and menthol flavours, today’s disposable vapes are available in dozens of different flavours. Some of the world’s most popular e-liquid makers are now putting all of their most popular flavours into disposable puff bars.
- They use high-strength nicotine salt e-liquid, so they’re just as satisfying as tobacco cigarettes.
So, if you’ve decided to join the disposable e-cigarette revolution, it’s not a surprise – millions of other people are doing exactly the same thing. If you want to have the best possible experience, though, you need to know how to fix your disposable vape when it’s not working.
What does it mean when your puff bar is blinking, and how do you fix it? Let’s learn more.
Disposable Vape Blinking: What to Do
If your disposable vape is blinking, it’s likely that the device’s battery is dead or that it has run out of e-liquid. In most cases, you’ll know that the device is nearly as the end of its life because it will start to lose its flavour – or the vapour clouds will get smaller – as it approaches that point. If the battery isn’t completely dead, you may get a few extra hits out of a blinking disposable vape if you put the device down for a little while and try using it again later.
Companies advertise the capabilities of their disposable vapes in two different ways. You’ll see the device’s approximate puff count, or you’ll see the exact amount of e-liquid in the device. Sometimes, you’ll see both. It’s important to remember that when you see a claim like “Up to 400 Puffs,” whether you actually get that number of puffs out of the device is going to depend on how you vape. The approximate number of puffs that a device can produce is based on a short average puff length of about 1-2 seconds. If you prefer longer puffs, you should assume that you’ll get fewer puffs out of the device than what’s stated on the package.
Can You Recharge a Disposable Vape?
The reason for choosing a disposable vape over a refillable vaping device like a pod system is the fact that disposable puff bars are simple, reliable and ready to go right out of the package – and part of the reason why they’re so inexpensive is because they lack the circuitry necessary for safe battery charging. The battery in your disposable vape is meant to be used once and then recycled. Don’t attempt to recharge a disposable vape.
Can You Refill a Disposable Vape?
Inside a disposable vape is a cotton or synthetic wick that’s saturated with e-liquid and wrapped around an atomizer coil. It is technically possible to pull the wick out of a disposable vape, add e-liquid to the wick and push the entire device back together – but the process is much more difficult than it would be with a vaping device designed for refilling. In addition, remember that the battery in a disposable vape is calibrated to die around the time that the device runs out of vape juice. There’s really no point in trying to keep a disposable vape working past the end of its designed life.
Weak Hits with a Disposable Vape? Try These Tricks
The two most common nicotine strengths for disposable vapes are 10 mg/ml and 20 mg/ml. If you’re using the 10 mg strength and find that your device is giving you weak hits, you’ll probably find that the higher nicotine strength is more to your liking.
Here are some other tips that can help you improve your experience with a disposable vape that’s giving you weak hits.
- After taking a puff, wait a few moments before puffing again. After you puff on a disposable vape, the portion of the wick that touches the atomizer coil will be dry. You won’t get a satisfying puff unless you wait a moment for the dry inner portion of the wick to absorb more e-liquid from the wick’s outer portion.
- Try partially blocking one of your puff bar’s airflow vents with your finger to increase the device’s internal air pressure.
- Avoid puff bar flavours with “Ice” in the name if you want to experience a strong throat hit when vaping. Menthol tends to reduce throat hit.
Disposable Vape Spitting or Gurgling? You’re Puffing Too Hard
In a disposable vape, the vapour travels from the atomizer coil to the mouthpiece through a very narrow plastic tube. You’ll get the biggest and most satisfying clouds if you inhale gently. If you puff too hard, you’ll suck e-liquid out of the device’s wick, and it’ll enter the plastic tube. That’s what causes a puff bar to gurgle or spit e-liquid into your mouth. Maintain a slow and gentle vaping pace to prevent that from happening.
Disposable Vape Doesn’t Work at All? Try This Fix
Do you have a disposable vape that has never worked? Although it’s very rare for disposable vapes to be dead on arrival, every electronic device has a small chance of unexpected failure. In some cases, it’s possible to resolve this issue on your own. Pry the mouthpiece off of the device. Under it, you’ll see a soft pad. The pad is there to absorb condensation and prevent e-liquid from leaking out of the device. Under the pad is a rubber or silicone gasket that further helps to prevent leaking.
You should be able to shine a light through the hole in the centre of the soft pad and see through into the interior of the device. If you can’t see through the hole, the pad or gasket may be misaligned – and if air can’t flow through your disposable vape, the device won’t work. In some cases, you can realign the pad and gasket with a toothpick, thus opening the hole and making the device work again. In other cases, it may be necessary to remove the pad and gasket and push them back in.
If you purchase a disposable vape from Vapekit that turns out to be non-functional, contact our helpdesk for assistance.